The Complete Guide to Building your Running ProgramBook - 2010
Running, the simple act of putting one foot in front of the other, is truly a life-changing experience. It starts with those basic steps and soon becomes the adventure of a lifetime. Now, in the Running Room's Book on Running, veteran runner/author John Stanton offers expert advice to help you get the most from your running. This wonderfully illustrated book answers all your questions about running, including:
- Getting started and keeping it fun
- Building a program that works with your lifestyle
- Picking the right gear
- Running form, posture and breathing
- Heart rate training made clear
- Types of running—what to do and how to do it
- Nutrition for the runner
- Strength and cross-training—easy to manage exercise routines
- Women's issues related to running and running during pregnancy
- Avoiding and dealing with injuries
- Mental preperation and the psychology of running
- Tips for race day
From the critics
Age SuitabilityAdd Age Suitability
SummaryAdd a Summary
There are no summaries for this title yet.
There are no notices for this title yet.
QuotesAdd a Quote
There are no quotes for this title yet.